OLD BLUE SPECIAL RECOGNITION AWARDS 2018
Through the Old Blue Special Recognition Awards Christ’s Hospital endeavours to celebrate and formally recognise the achievements of alumni who have made outstanding and genuine contributions to the School, as well as the wider community. The OBSRA’s will be awarded in a special School assembly for Grecians and Deps in the Michaelmas term, with an aim to inspire and motivate current students to stay connected to CH, to excel at school, in their future careers and in their communities. With this aim in mind, winners will be asked to speak on receipt of their Award about their achievements and to share their experiences. Award winners will be invited to bring up to two guests to watch the award ceremony and join them afterwards at a brunch with the Headmaster.
Key Dates for 2018 Awards
1 March – Nominations open
8 June – Closing date for nominations
13 July – Award winners will be notified
6 November – Award ceremony and Head Master’s brunch
Nomination Process (Please note self-nominations will not be accepted)
• Nominations will be accepted from anyone in the CH community.
• No limit will be placed on the total number of nominations accepted for consideration.
• The name of the nominator will not be disclosed.
• Nominations can be made online, by mail or in a nominations box on Old Blues Day via a letter of nomination of no longer than 300 words or a nomination form.
• Career Success Story: An Old Blue who has had success or has experienced a major achievement in any area within their career or field of employment.
• Commitment to CH: An Old Blue who has demonstrated ongoing commitment to CH in a voluntary capacity / has shown commitment and enthusiasm for CH’s mission and acts as an ambassador to promote CH and inspire students, other alumni and members of the CH community / through philanthropy.
• Young Achiever/ Rising Star: An Old Blue under the age of 35 who has demonstrated early career or personal achievements and is an inspirational role model for current students and young alumni.
• Community Impact: An Old Blue who has made an impact within the local or international community through pro-bono or voluntary work.
If you wish to nominate an Old Blue for an OBSRA you can either:
Download a nomination form, complete it and return it to us in one of the following ways:
Email it to email@example.com
Post it to CHOBA, The Counting House, Christ’s Hospital, Horsham, RH13 0YP
Bring it with you to Old Blues Day on 19 May and put it in the nominations box